- The Application Fee, Custodianship Application Fee (if applicable) and Homestay Placement Fees (if placement is completed) are non-refundable.
- All requests for refunds must be in writing.
- A full refund of all fees (except those noted in No. 1 above) will be paid only if a Study Permit is refused by Immigration Canada. In order to receive this refund, the student must submit to The High School at Vancouver Island University a letter of rejection from Immigration Canada authorities as proof of the refusal.
- A full refund of tuition and supplies fees minus a $500 administration fee will be paid for the first year of study if written notification is received by the High School Principal 60 days before commencement of the student's first semester.
- A full refund of tuition and supplies fees minus a $500 administration fee will be paid in the second and subsequent years of study if fees have been paid for semesters in which the student does not enroll in courses, provided that notice to withdraw from these courses is received in writing by the school Principal 60 days before commencement of the semester. In such cases, refunds will be at the rate of tuition and supplies fees paid for that quarter less the $500 administration fee.
- There is no refund of fees if a student:
is found to be in serious contravention of school rules and is asked to leave the school including but not limited to: chronic, unexplained absenteeism; consuming alcohol or drugs at school or while in a homestay situation;
demonstrating behaviour which impacts negatively on The High School at Vancouver Island University or Vancouver Island University);
decides to withdraw from school at any time during the first year (two semesters) of study at The High School at Vancouver Island University; has been removed from two homestay placements for violation of the Homestay Policy.
If a student withdraws or is dismissed from The High School at Vancouver Island University and does not complete the program, the balance of the homestay fees paid will be refunded after any outstanding homestay fees have been paid to the homestay family.
- The laws of the Province of British Columbia apply.
All requests for refunds not covered by the above must be submitted in writing to the Dean of International Education at Vancouver Island University.